Former Park Level Mine shop, Killhope, Durham
This building is of interest as a relic of lead mining which was once very common in the dales. It was called a mine shop and used for stables, a smithy and the mine office. There was sleeping accommodation for miners on the first floor, reached by an outside staircase. The miners would have slept here in the week and gone home at weekends. It was built around 1860 for the Beaumont Company. It was restored around 1983 and has been used as a museum and display area.