Former School, Castle Hill, Mountsorrel, Leicestershire
This building was originally the village school. It was built in 1742, long before education was made compulsory. It has the inscription 'This English School for poor boys out of Mountsorrel and Swithland given by Joseph Danvers, Esq., 1742'. Sir Joseph Danvers was an MP for many years and also a Deputy Lieutenant of the County.