Former School, Nottingham Road, Kegworth, Leicestershire
This timber framed house was originally a free school. Records state that a free school was founded here in 1575, by Queen Elizabeth. The school was then altered in 1675. The Court of the Exchequer stated "In the year 1675 ... it (the school) was much gone to decay, and in danger of falling; and was then repaired by the voluntary contribution of several persons".