Fountain, Corporation Park, Blackburn, Lancashire
General view of visitors gathered around the fountain. Corporation Park was opened to the public in 1857. It cost a total of £147,000. It was part of the extensive improvements to and expansion of Blackburn in this period. Much of the money needed was raised by selling land to the East Lancashire and Blackburn railway companies.