Framlingham Castle, Framlingham, Suffolk
Framlingham Castle was built about 1190. Mary Tudor owned it at the time she became Queen. The boys are standing on top of the curtain wall that surrounded the castle. Remains of three of the defensive towers can be seen behind them. The building below was built in 1729 as a poor house. In 1913 the castle was given to the Ministry of Works and it is now (2011) in the care of English Heritage.