Gatehouse, St John's College, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Gatehouse, St John's College, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Photograph taken 1945 - 1980 © Historic England Archive ref: FF98/00143

Detail of the coat of arms of the foundress, Lady Margaret Beaufort, with yales on either side, over the archway on the main gatehouse from St John's Street. The tower was built by William Swayne in 1516.

Location

Cambridgeshire Cambridge

Period

Tudor (1485 - 1602)

Tags

gatehouse architecture Tudor (1485 - 1602)