Gateway to cemetery, Stapenhill Road, Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire

Gateway to cemetery, Stapenhill Road, Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire
Photograph taken 09 May 2000 © Mr Geoffrey R Hood LRPS, CPAGB. Source Historic England Archive ref: 273035

The Stapenhill Cemetery was opened in 1866. The site has separate areas for Anglicans, Roman Catholics and nonconformists alike. This is a Gothic style stone gateway with a large arch at the centre flanked by smaller archways.

Location

Staffordshire Burton upon Trent

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

memorial gothic death arch Victorian (1837 - 1901)