General Infirmary, Salisbury, Wiltshire

General Infirmary, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Photograph taken 19 December 2004 © Mr Peter Read LRPS DPAGB. Source Historic England Archive. ref: 319141

The main central block was built in 1767-71 by John Wood of Bath. There is a plaque with the inscription: "General Infirmary supported by voluntary Contribution 1767". It was then very much enlarged 1845 and 1869.

Location

Wiltshire Salisbury

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

hospital social welfare architecture Georgian (1714 - 1836)