Godshill School, School Lane, Godshill, Isle of Wight

Godshill School, School Lane, Godshill, Isle of Wight
Photograph taken 13 April 2004 © Miss Claire Pearce. Source Historic England Archive ref: 392785

This school was once a grammar school. It was built in 1826 in a classical style of architecture. It has the inscription "Godshill Parochial School founded by Lady Ann Worsley previous to 1615 rebuilt by the Right Honourable Lord Yarborough 1826".

Location

Isle of Wight Godshill

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

school education charity philanthropy architecture classical Georgian (1714 - 1836)