Guisborough General Hospital, Northgate, Guisborough, Redcar and Cleveland
This building was originally part of Guisborough Union workhouse. It was built in 1838-9. It cost about £2,629 and could house about 130 inmates. It was designed by John and William Atkinson of York who also built several other Yorkshire workhouses. During World War Two it housed military patients from Catterick and Whitby. After the introduction of the National Health Service in 1948 the site became Guisborough General and Maternity Hospital and then Guisborough General Hospital.