Hampton Court Palace, Richmond upon Thames, London

Hampton Court Palace, Richmond upon Thames, London
Photograph taken 1945 - 1965 © Historic England Archive ref: AA001949

The palace viewed from the driveway. The site was acquired by Thomas Wolsey in 1513 who began to make significant alterations. With Wolsey's downfall, the house was acquired by Henry VIII who converted it into a royal palace.