High Street, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire
The 19th century Town Hall photographed from the Market Place. On the left is an inn known as the George and later as the Noel Arms. It was owned by the Earl of Gainsborough. The future King Charles II stayed there in 1651. The word 'chipping' in a place name means there was a market. The photograph is part of the P T Deakin collection.