Holy Trinity Almshouses, Heath Town, Wolverhampton

Holy Trinity Almshouses, Heath Town, Wolverhampton
Photograph taken 02 December 2001 © Historic England Archive/Mr D.R. Smith LRPS ref: 378371

The tradition of almshouses continued alongside the workhouse system. These almshouses were built around 1850 at the expense of a local benefactor, and were closely associated with Holy Trinity Church. They still provide sheltered housing today.