John Dakin's Almshouse, Kirby Hill, North Yorkshire
These almshouses were originally known as the Hospital of St John the Baptist. They were founded in 1754 Reverend John Dakyn. They were founded at the same time as the Grammar School. The hospital originally accommodated 27 people. This was reduced to 12 men and 12 women in 1803 when the building was extended. It was converted into a smaller number of flats in the 1950s.