Langley Chapel, Langley, Shropshire
Permission to build a chapel at Langley was obtained by Richard Burnell, lord of the manor of Langley, in 1313. The present chapel structure still has elements of the medieval building. It was largely rebuilt around 1546 when the manor passed to the Lee family. By 1552 it had its own priest. It was virtually unused from the late 17th century and has had very few changes. As a result it is one of the few places with an almost a complete set of Puritan church fittings. The last regular service was held in 1871. The chapel was restored in 1900, and in the 1960s. In 1914, it became one of the first buildings to be taken into the care of the Ministry of Works. It is now (2011) in the care of English Heritage.