Lawrence Camp Almshouses, Friern Barnet Lane, Barnet, Greater London
This row of 7 almshouses were built in 1612 by Lawrence Campe. He was a citizen and draper of London who 'founded an alms-house in this parish for 12 poor persons; to whom, by an indenture bearing date March 12, he gave 12d. a-piece monthly for ever; 4s. per annum to the churchwardens for their trouble; and 1l. 6s. 8d. to keep the house in repair'. The building was renovated in 1843 and 1899.