Market Place, Newbury, Berkshire

Market Place, Newbury, Berkshire
Photograph taken 1890 © Reproduced by permission of Oxfordshire County Council ref: HT06136

Covered wagons parked in the Market Place on Market Day, with crowds of locals looking at the goods on offer. The large building on the right with a central pedimented bay is the Corn Exchange, built by Dodd in 1861-2.

Location

West Berkshire Newbury

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

market people horse cart victorian (1837 - 1901)