Medicine Chest, Osborne House, East Cowes, Isle of Wight
Queen Victoria's medicine chest showing the leather case and a selection of bottles. The bottles read (left to right) 'Camphorated Oil', 'Meconate of Morphia' and 'Soap Liniment'. Queen Victoria and Prince Albert bought Osborne House as a private retreat and greatly extended it. The present house developed in the Italianate style between 1845-51 and was designed by Prince Albert and Thomas Cubitt. This property is now in the care of English Heritage (2010). Find out more.