Mile Post, West Witton, North Yorkshire
Mile Post approximately 20 meters south-east of Swinithwaite Hall. It is a cast iron post. On the left face is a hand pointing right and "LEYBURN 5 MILES". On the right face is hand pointing left and "HAWES 12 MILES". It dates from after the re-organisation of the highways authorities under the County Councils Act of 1888.