Ministry of Defence Building, Waltham Abbey, Essex
This building was part of the Royal Gundpowder Factory that was located in Waltham Abbey. The factory was in operation for over years, between 1665 until 1991. This factory was nationalised in 1787 and pioneered alternative forms of explosives in 19th and 20th centuries. This building was built in 1915-17. It was a Mineral Jelly Store. This was a substance used in the making of explosives.