Monument on Maria Square, Belmont, North Turton, Lancashire
This monument is dated 1907. It commemorates Section 13 of the Bolton Corporation Act 1905, which provided for the continued supply of water to Belmont. It has several quotations inscribed on it, such as, the Corporation "shall cause to flow out of that (Belmont) reservoir into the Eagley Brook as compensation ... a supply of water at the rate of 1,758,000 gallons during 12 hours of every day (Sundays, Good Fridays and Christmas Days only excepted) ... between 5 o'clock in the morning and 5 o'clock in the afternoon ...". "This protection for Belmont was only obtained after a strenuous fight in both Houses of Parliament ...".