Mural at Cleeve Abbey, Washford, Somerset
A 15th-century mural on the east wall of the painted chamber at Cleeve Abbey, a Cistercian monastery founded in 1198. In the centre is a bridge on which a man prays, flanked by a lion and a dragon, while fish swim below. St Catherine (with her wheel) and St Margaret stand either side. This site is now in the care of English Heritage (2010).