National School for Boys, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
This school has the inscription 'NATIONAL SCHOOL ERECTED 1814'. This was the first school in the district to be established by the National Society for the Education of the Poor. Pupils were taught in the Principles of the Established Church. The society had been founded in 1811. The school had accommodation for 200 boys. A map of 1851 shows the layout of the building, which was composed of a large hall on the west side, and about 5 small rooms along the east side.