Old Grammar School, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire

Old Grammar School, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Photograph taken 25 May 2001 © Mr Derek E. Wharton. Source Historic England Archive ref: 233750

This building was originally a grammar school. It was built in the early 1600s. It has several later inscriptions noting various benefactors. These include Edward Pickering of Swasey who gave £130 in 1682 and Richard Fisher who gave £15 per year from 1711 onwards.

Location

Northamptonshire Wellingborough

Period

Stuart (1603 - 1713)

Tags

school education religion Stuart (1603 - 1713)