Old Lloyds Bank Building, Derry's Cross, Plymouth

Old Lloyds Bank Building, Derry's Cross, Plymouth
Photograph taken 07 December 2005 © Catherine Brown. Source Historic England Archive ref: 473326

This bank was built in 1889 for Lloyds. It has since been the offices of the City Engineers & Entertainments Dept and the Bank public house. This fine building and Derry's Clock Tower are the only buildings in their immediate area to survive the Blitz and the post-war redevelopment.

Location

Plymouth Plymouth

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

war bomb blitz bank World War Two (1939 - 1945) Victorian (1837 - 1901)