Ormesby Hall, Church Lane, Ormesby, Redcar and Cleveland
A manor house has stood here within a partly moated site since about 1600. Most of the present house was built around 1730-45. It was built in the Palladian style. The Pennyman family bought the Manor of Ormesby in about 1600 from the Conyers/Strangeways family. The family were given a Baronetcy by Charles II for fighting on the side of the royalists in the English Civil War. The family lived in the house until 1983 when the National Trust took over its care.