Osborne House, East Cowes, Isle of Wight

Osborne House, East Cowes, Isle of Wight
Photograph taken unavailable © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: bb55/00060

Osborne House, in the Isle of Wight, was built for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert as a private retreat. It was completed in 1851. Here, the Pavilion, which housed the Royal Apartments, is viewed from the terrace. This property is now in the care of English Heritage (2010). Find out more.

Location

Isle of Wight East Cowes

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

queen victoria royal palace victorian (1837 - 1901) english heritage