Pagitt's Almshouses, Monken Hadley, Barnet, Greater London
These almshouses were originally founded in 1678 by Justinian and Antonina Pagitt, a lawyer and his wife. The original buildings were later demolished and replaced by these new ones. they were built in two stages between 1822 and 1849. The first stage (four rooms) cost £200; the second stage (an additional two rooms) cost £50. It was the Pagitts who also gave land next to the almshouses for the building of the rectory.