Parish Church of St Mary, Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire
This parish church was created from the nave of Bridlington Priory church after the dissolution. The Priory of Augustinian Canons was founded between 1109-14 and dissolved in 1537. It was one of the largest and wealthiest houses of the order. Henry V was one of the earliest pilgrims. In 1380 the house contained the prior, twenty-four canons and one lay-brother. The last prior, William Wode, was executed in 1537 after the Pilgrimage of Grace and twenty six canons were expelled.