Pitchford Hall, Pitchford, Shropshire

Pitchford Hall, Pitchford, Shropshire
Photograph taken 1959 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: aa60/00745

Pitchford Hall from the south. It was built in the 1560s for Adam Ottley, a wool merchant from Shrewsbury, and retains its original 'E' shaped plan. A further wing was added in the 19th century.

Location

Shropshire Pitchford

Period

Tudor (1485 - 1602)

Tags

building country house timber framed merchant trade decoration pattern architecture Tudor (1485 - 1602)