Portland Hall, Portland Street, Southport, Merseyside
This building was originally a museum. It opened in 1863 as the Royal Museum of Natural History. In 1867 it was converted into the Royal Music Hall. In 1871 it was renamed the Concert and Assembly Rooms and in 1874 became the Vaudeville Theatre. During the late 1870s it was a roller-skating rink. In the early 1880s it was the office and works of Southport Daily News. By the late 1880s it was a drill hall of Royal Naval Artillery Volunteers. From 1890 to 1988 it was used as a furniture warehouse. It has since become a private house.