Poultry Cross, Silver Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire
The Poultry Cross in Salisbury, as seen from Silver Street. A cross is known to have existed here since 1307, though this one mainly dates from the 15th century. The top part was restored in a Medieval style in 1853, replacing a single pillar carrying a sundial and ball that had been added during repairs in 1771. The photograph also shows a boy and a man on a horse and cart infron of a shop advertising 'china, glass and earthen ware stores'. This shop may be one listed in the 1889 directory as belonging to a 'Haskins, Charles, clothes & china & glass dealer, Poultry Cross, Silver Street.