Premature baby room, King Edward VII Memorial Children's Hospital, Ladywood Road, Birmingham
The premature baby’s room in use. It had a specially adapted method of heating and an oxygen supply system. A new infants wing was opened at the hospital in 1941. It had space for 66 infants, it was designed to help prevent the cross-infection of the upper-respiratory tract – a common infection suffered by infants when housed in wards with older children.