President Works Offices, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

President Works Offices, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Photograph taken 26 August 2002 © Mrs Barbara A West LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 456483

These steel works offices were built in 1852. They were for the steel manufacturers Moses Eadon and Sons. It was later bought by John Brown, and formed part of the Firth-Brown industrial group. They pioneered the manufacture of cheap bulk steel in Britain and manufactured steel rails and armour plates.