Preston Hospital, Preston-on-the-Weald Moors, Telford and Wrekin

Preston Hospital, Preston-on-the-Weald Moors, Telford and Wrekin
Photograph taken 13 January 2005 © Mr David Langford. Source Historic England Archive ref: 362374

This building was built in c1725. It is a very fine example of Georgian almshouses. They were founded in 1716 by the will of Lady Catherine Herbert. She was the daughter of the first Earl of Bradford and widow of the last Lord Herbert of Chirbury.

Location

Telford and Wrekin Preston-on-the-Weald Moors

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

hospital almshouse charity philanthropy social welfare Georgian (1714 - 1836)