Preston Royal Infirmary, Deepdale Road, Preston, Lancashire

Preston Royal Infirmary, Deepdale Road, Preston, Lancashire
Photograph taken 13 June 2004 © Mr Ian Scott. Source Historic England Archive ref: 391973

This building was originally called Royal Brook House. It was built in 1829-33. It was built by the Poor Law Vestry as a House of Recovery. It was then incorporated with the Royal Infirmary in 1870. It closed as hospital 1987.

Location

Lancashire Preston

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

hospital poor health welfare Georgian (1714 - 1836)