Primary School and Presbytery, Egton, North Yorkshire
This is an historically interesting building. It was built in c1790. It is as a very early example of a purpose built Catholic chapel and school, following the passage of the first Catholic Relief Act in 1778. Egton had long been a centre of Catholicism in the North East. In 1780 there were 415 Catholics in the district. In 1867 the chapel was replaced by a new church and thereafter used solely as a school.