Priors Hall, Widdington, Essex
The house was originally a chapel. It was built in the 10th or 11th century and was given to the Abbey of St Valery after the Norman Conquest. In 1377 the church was confiscated by Edward III and given to William of Wykeham, who remodelled the building into a house. In the 16th and 18th centuries the house was greatly altered and is now a farmhouse.