Queen Elizabeth's Hunting Lodge, Chingford, Greater London

This former hunting lodge was built in 1543 for Henry VIII and repaired in 1589. The building was converted to a house in 1666. The building has three floors and has a timber frame with plaster infill under a pitched tiled roof. It was restored circa 1900 and circa 1990. It is an early and rare example of this type of building. It has been owned by the Corporation of London since 1878 and used as a museum.


Greater London Chingford


Tudor (1485 - 1602)


house sport hunt royal tudor (1485 - 1602)