Raglan Street Smoke House, Raglan Street, Lowestoft, Suffolk

Raglan Street Smoke House, Raglan Street, Lowestoft, Suffolk
Photograph taken 20 September 2001 © Mr David W. Collins LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 391353

The smoke house was first opened between 1845 and 1850 to cure and preserve fish. Inside are 2 smoke rooms, entered through stable doors. Each have a complete set of racks and are in working order.

Location

Suffolk Lowestoft

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

work industry food fish shop Victorian (1837 - 1901)