Road Marker, Cinderford, Gloucestershire

Road Marker, Cinderford, Gloucestershire
Photograph taken 15 June 2006 © Tim Belcher. Source Historic England Archive ref: 354107

This type of plaque is very unusual. It is one of four in Cinderford. The inscription reads 'THIS ROAD FOR THE DISTANCE OF 1100 YARDS (arrow points to left) WAS MADE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE CROWN FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE INHABITANTS AND DISTRICT 1897-8 E STAFFORD HOWARD ESQ COMMISSIONER PHILIP BAYLIS ESQ DEP SUR.'

Location

Gloucestershire Cinderford

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

road transport sign Victorian (1837 - 1901)