Ruins of Chapel of the Holy Trinity, Basingstoke, Hampshire
This chapel was built in 1524. It adjoins the earlier Chapel of the Holy Ghost on the same site. It was built by Lord Sandys of The Vyne. He went on to become Lord Chamberlain and was a close ally of Henry VIII. The building was damaged during the Civil War when the lead was taken for the manufacture of bullets. Its final ruin can be dated from 1692. Repairs estimated to cost £20 were not done and the chapel began to decay.