Southwark Cathedral, Southwark, London

Southwark Cathedral, Southwark, London
Photograph taken 1955 © Copyright Crown copyright.NMR ref: aa66/00651

The choir of Southwark Cathedral, looking east towards the High Altar. The church of St Saviour and Mary Overie became a cathedral in 1897. The choir dates from the 13th century although it is much restored. The stone reredos was given by Bishop Fox in 1528.

Location

Greater London Southwark

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

building church cathedral interior religion faith restoration Medieval (1066 - 1484)