St Edmund's Hospital, Northampton, Northamptonshire
This building was originally the Northampton Union Workhouse. It was built in 1836 to the designs of G. Gilbert Scott. He also designed workhouses at Kettering, Northampton, Towcester and Oundle. It could house 300 inmates and cost approximately £7,000. It had many extensions. A male infirmary was added in 1869. A school was built to the northwest in 1872 and a smallpox hospital was built in 1882. A nurses home was added in 1897. In the 20th century it became St Edmund's Hospital.