St Francis's Home, High Street, Shefford, Bedfordshire

St Francis's Home, High Street, Shefford, Bedfordshire
Photograph taken 06 April 2003 © Mr David Black. Source Historic England Archive ref: 37664

Former orphanage and seminary attached to the Roman Catholic Church of St Francis of Assisi. It was established by the Rev. Canon Collis in 1869. The buildings were probably paid for by Mrs Lyne - Stephens of Lynsford Hall, Thetford, Norfolk.

Location

Bedfordshire Shefford

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

institution orphanage education school catholic religion faith Victorian (1837 - 1901)