St Ledger's Chapel, Saint Ives, Cambridgeshire

St Ledger's Chapel, Saint Ives, Cambridgeshire
Photograph taken 1945 - 1980 © Historic England Archive ref: AA98/05095

View of St Ledger's (Lawrence's) Chapel on St Ives Bridge over the River Ouse. The bridge dates from circa 1415. The chapel, once two storeys higher, was used as a private dwelling, toll booth and public house before being returned to its original state in the 1930s.

Themes