St Olave's School, Southwark, Greater London

St Olave's School, Southwark, Greater London
Photograph taken May 1899 - Jun 1899 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: bl15371

St Olave's Grammar school from the south-west. This school, dated 1895, was designed by architect EW Mountford to replace an earlier school on the same site. It later became Lambeth college (Tower Bridge Centre). St. Olave’s Grammar School received its charter in 1571. The school was originally for the benefit of the ‘children and younglings’ of the parish. It amalgamated with St. Saviour’s Grammar School around 1910 and is now(2011) based in Orpington.

Location

Greater London Southwark

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

education school