St Peter's Callis Almshouses, All Saint's Street, Stamford, Lincolnshire

St Peter's Callis Almshouses, All Saint's Street, Stamford, Lincolnshire
Photograph taken 10 October 1999 © C. Culligan LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 193450

These almshouses were rebuilt in 1863 in a 'Gothic' style. They are on the site of an earlier 15th century almshouse. It is thought to originally have been an establishment of the Merchants of the Staple of Calais, hence the name of the almshouse, although nothing is known to survive from the medieval building.