Taylor's Bell Foundry, Freehold Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire
This bell foundry was built in 1859. The Taylor family, originally bell founders in St. Neots and elsewhere, came to Loughborough in 1839. In 1858 J.W.Taylor bought this site and began the new foundry buildings. The business prospered and is reported to have been at one time the largest bell foundry in the world. The bells for St Paul's Cathedral, London, were cast here, including in 1881 'Great Paul'. It was the largest bell in the former British Empire and the largest properly rung bell in the world. Bells have been exported from this foundry to all parts of the former Empire, USA, and Holland.