Temple Meads Station, Temple Way, Bristol
The station was built in 1865-78 and designed by Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt, in Gothic style. It was a joint venture between the Great Western Railway and the Midland Railway. It was originally called Bristol Joint Station. It had a steep French Empire roof to the tower, which was destroyed in the Second World War.